Looking for easy and healthy chicken recipes? Look no further! Below we share all of our favorite low-effort and delicious chicken dinners, including whole roasted chicken, juicy wings, healthy fried chicken, and more!
Chicken is one of our favorite meals because it is both healthy and versatile. We love experimenting with chicken recipes that are simple and delicious.
Below we rounded up 16 of our favorite hassle-free chicken dinner ideas so you know exactly what to make next time you are looking for a chicken recipe.
Looking for easy sides to go with your chicken dinner? Try our some of our favorites like our Healthy Corn Fritters, Maple Bacon Brussel Sprouts, Pan Fried Potatoes with Herbs, or Sautéed Broccolini (Broccoletti). Check out our sides page for more inspiration.
1. BBQ Baked Chicken Thighs
2. Mozzarella-Stuffed Chicken Pomodoro
3. Honey Garlic Chicken Wings
4. Roasted Chicken Thighs and Vegetables
5. Cast Iron Chicken Breast With Garlic Butter
6. BBQ Pulled Chicken Burgers
7. Miso Jidori Chicken Thighs
8. BBQ Chicken Salad With Greek Yogurt Ranch
9. Mango Habanero Chicken Wings
10. Chicken Sausage Pesto Pasta With Rapini
11. Dutch Oven Whole Chicken With Meyer Lemon
12. Chicken Katsu (Japanese Chicken Cutlet)
13. Fig Balsamic Glazed Chicken
14. Teriyaki Chicken
15. Roasted Chicken Stuffed With Wild Rice
16. Honey Lemon Pepper Chicken Wings
Did You Like This Recipe?
Love these easy chicken recipes? Please leave a 5-star rating in the recipe card below and leave a comment below. Thanks!
16 Healthy and Easy Chicken Recipes
- 2 chicken breasts even sized pieces
- 1 tablespoon pesto divided
- 2 oz mozzarella about 4 slices of fresh mozzarella; about a quarter cup of shredded mozzarella
- 3 tablespoon olive oil divded
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- black cracked pepper
- 2 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 shallot chopped
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- ⅓ cup white wine
- ⅓ cup chicken broth
- fresh basil torn
- Cut chicken - Place the chicken breasts flat on a cutting board. Tenderize the breasts to make them the same thickness. Use a knife to cut about ¾ of the way through the chicken without cutting all the way through. Make the incision parallel to the cutting board. This creates a pocket that will hold the cheese.2 chicken breasts
- Stuff and season chicken - Spread about a ½ tablespoon of pesto inside of the chicken breast pockets. Place a slice of mozzarella or about a tablespoon of shredded mozzarella inside of the pockets on top of the pesto and push the cheese toward the back of the pocket. Use toothpicks to close the pockets. Rub the breasts with about a tablespoon of olive oil and season the outside of the chicken with the garlic powder, dried basil, dried oregano, salt, and pepper on both sides, or season to taste. You can also use premixed Italian seasoning.1 tablespoon pesto, 2 oz mozzarella, 3 tablespoon olive oil, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, ½ teaspoon dried basil, ½ teaspoon dried oregano, 1 teaspoon sea salt, black cracked pepper
- Sear chicken - Heat about a tablespoon of olive oil in a large heavy bottomed skillet or cast iron skillet over medium heat. Sear chicken until each piece is golden, about 4 minutes each side. Place the lid on once you flip the chicken over. Remove the chicken from the pan.3 tablespoon olive oil
- Make tomato sauce - In the same skillet, heat about a tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic and shallots to the oil and sauté for 1 minute until fragrant. Add the tomatoes and allow them to cook untouched for 2-3 minutes until they begin to char and blister. Stir the tomatoes and add white wine to deglaze the pan. Use a wooden spoon to scrape the bits of chicken and tomatoes from the pan.3 tablespoon olive oil, 2 cloves garlic, 1 shallot, 1 pint cherry tomatoes, ⅓ cup white wine
- Cook chicken in sauce - Once most of the wine burns off, turn down the heat, stir in chicken broth, and let the sauce simmer for about 5 minutes. Add torn basil leaves, pepper, and salt, and give the sauce a stir to incorporate all of the ingredients. Add chicken back into the pan and nestle each breast in the sauce. Spoon some of the sauce onto each piece and simmer for an additional 3-5 minutes until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165 degrees. Remove the pan from heat and serve immediately.fresh basil, ⅓ cup chicken broth