Prosciutto Ricotta Pizza is a sweet and salty homemade white pizza packed with flavor! It takes 25 minutes to make and features a golden crust topped with mozzarella, ricotta, prosciutto, arugula, and a drizzle of hot honey.
This prosciutto ricotta pizza is a delicious pizza that comes together in just 25 minutes including prep! It's incredibly easy to make and is a weeknight dinner favorite. It's a white pizza or pizza bianca, which means there isn't any sauce, just cheese.
The hot honey adds depth and a little heat, and pairs perfectly with the peppery arugula and umami-packed prosciutto. Serve prosciutto ricotta pizza as an appetizer or with Burrata Caprese with Balsamic Glaze, Peach Arugula Salad with Prosciutto and Burrata, or Pear and Prosciutto Rocket Salad for a complete delicious dinner.
About this Dish
- Taste - The combination of prosciutto, mozzarella, ricotta, and arugula is a rich flavor medley.
- Texture - The cheese is gooey, the prosciutto is firm, and the crust is crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. The arugula adds a little crunch.
- Effort - All you need to do is prep the dough, top it with ingredients, then bake it.
- Time - It takes just a few minutes to prepare the pizza then 12 minutes to bake it.
- Pizza dough - Pizza dough is key to a delicious pizza. Trader Joe's pizza dough is our favorite because it taste great with any type of pizza and it is easy to use. DeLallo also makes a good pizza dough kit.
- All purpose flour for dusting - We dust the dough with flour so it won't stick to the pan while it's baking.
- Olive oil - Extra virgin olive oil adds flavor and crispiness to the bottom of the crust.
- Mozzarella cheese - Fresh mozzarella has a mild taste that blends well with the other ingredients. It also browns beautifully once cooked and has the perfect consistency for pizza because it is elastic yet firm.
- Ricotta - Ricotta is a thick and mildly sweet cheese.
- Prosciutto - Prosciutto is a delicate, sweet, and savory meat. It tastes delicious on pizza fresh or crispy.
- Arugula - Arugula is a peppery green that adds a nice crunch as a topping.
- Hot honey - Hot honey sauce is sweet, spicy, and adds a delicious accent.
See recipe card for quantities.
- Garlic pizza dough - Trader Joe's garlic pizza dough add an aromatic twist.
- Shredded mozzarella - While we prefer fresh mozzarella, this recipe also works with shredded mozzarella.
- Burrata - Replace ricotta with Burrata for a creamier and richer cheese. Burrata is a soft, flavorful cheese that is filled with stracciatella, a creamy Italian cheese.
- Fresh basil - Replace arugula with fresh basil for an herby garnish to the pizza.
- Homemade pizza dough - If you have time and/or your own pizza dough recipe, make your own dough from scratch then add our toppings.
- Gluten free - Use gluten free pizza dough to make this recipe gluten free.
- Whole wheat pizza dough - Make this pizza with whole wheat pizza dough to make it healthier.
- Vegetarian - Omit the prosciutto to make this pizza vegetarian.
- Extra Spicy - Add red chili pepper flakes to make this dish extra spicy. Note that the hot honey already has red pepper flakes so you don't need much.
- Parmesan cheese - Add grated Parmigiano-Reggiano or shaved parmesan cheese to the pizza for a cheesy accent.
- Garlic - Minced garlic on the pizza will add a pungent and aromatic flavor.
- Deluxe - Add extra meat or veggies to make this pizza deluxe.
- Oregano - Sprinkle oregano on the pizza for a sweet and earthy aroma.
- Balsamic vinegar - Drizzle a little balsamic vinegar on the arugula to add tanginess.
- Crispy - Baked the pizza for an extra couple minutes to make it extra crispy.
- Store-bought hot honey - Use store-bought hot honey if you don't have time to make our hot honey recipe.
- Fresh fruit - Add fresh sliced figs or thinly sliced peaches before you bake the pizza for a fun and fruity addition.
- Prepare dough and oven - Place dough on a lightly floured work surface and let it sit at room temperature for 30 minutes. Place the oven rack in the middle tier and preheat the oven to 475°F.
- Prepare pizza dough - Stretch the dough by hand or use a rolling pin to create a 12-inch circle or a 9x13 rectangle. (Photo 1)
- Add cheese - Lightly oil a pizza pan or baking sheet and place the dough on in the pan. Top with mozzarella cheese and dollops of ricotta. (Photo 2 and 3)
- Bake pizza - Bake pizza on the middle rack for 10-12 minutes or until the cheese is golden and the bottom of the pizza crust is lightly browned. The cheese will be bubbly around the edges. (Photo 4)
- Add toppings - Remove from the oven and top with prosciutto and arugula. (Photo 5 and 6)
- Slice and add honey - Cut into 8 slices and drizzle with hot honey. Serve immediately. (Photo 7 and 8)
Pro tip: Use a pizza cutter to cut the pizza into slices. It is much easier than a normal knife.
Note: See recipe card notes below for instructions on how to prepare recipe using a pizza stone.
What to Serve with Prosciutto Arugula Pizza
We usually enjoy this hot honey pizza for dinner with our Pear and Rocket Salad or Peach Arugula Salad with Burrata. We also enjoy it with a yummy appetizer like our Burrata Caprese or Prosciutto-Wrapped Figs with Goat Cheese. Check out our appetizers and sides for more ideas.
You should add it after you bake the pizza in order to preserve the prosciutto's soft and delicate texture. If you want your prosciutto crispy, bake it separately so it doesn't absorb the moisture the pizza.
Yes! When the prosciutto is covered in salt for weeks, the moisture is drawn out, which prevents bacteria from entering in the meat.
We love hot honey on this pizza, but it is also delicious with most other pizzas. It adds great flare to a simple pepperoni or plain cheese pizza.
Arugula is the perfect addition to this pizza because it adds a refreshing peppery flavor with a fluffy crunch. It also makes the pizza healthier since it is full of antioxidants.
Our hot honey recipe makes a moderately spicy honey. When the honey is spread on a pizza, the spice is diluted. You can also control the spice level by changing the amount of chili flakes, togarashi, and chili powder you use in the spicy honey recipe.
This prosciutto pizza recipe requires a few common kitchen essentials. You just need a knife, cutting board, silicone baking spatula, and baking sheet/sheet pan. You can also use a rolling pin to roll out the dough if you don't want to do it by hand. If you don't have flour to keep the dough from sticking to the pan, you can also use parchment paper.
Refrigerate leftover hot honey pizza in an air-tight container for up to 5 days. To warm the pizza, heat the oven to 300°F then warm pizza on a baking sheet for 5 to 7 minutes. You can also freeze the pizza for up to 1 month. In order to freeze leftover pizza, let slices reach room temperature, place slices in a storage bag, press out air, then seal slices in. When you are ready to enjoy the pizza, thaw slices in the fridge or on the counter.
- Spread the dough slowly and carefully to ensure the dough has an even thickness throughout and there aren't any holes.
- Let the dough rest until it is room temperature. Cold dough will be hard to mold and won't cook evenly.
Did You Like This Recipe?
Love this arugula prosciutto ricotta pizza? Please leave a 5-star 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 rating in the recipe card below & consider leaving a comment below. Thanks!
Prosciutto Ricotta Pizza
- 1 knife
- 1 tablespoon all purpose flour for dusting
- 1 lb pizza dough
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or a neutral oil
- 8 oz mozzarella cheese Fior di Latte (regular), buffalo, or shredded
- ½ cup ricotta
- 2 oz prosciutto
- 1 cup arugula
- 2 tablespoon hot honey
- Let dough temper - Place dough on a lightly floured work surface and let it sit at room temperature for 30 minutes.1 lb pizza dough, 1 tablespoon all purpose flour for dusting
- Preheat oven - Place the oven rack in the middle tier and preheat the oven to 475°F.
- Prepare pizza - Stretch the dough by hand or use a rolling pin to create a 12-inch circle or a 9x13" rectangle. Lightly oil a pizza pan or baking sheet and place the dough on in the pan. Top with mozzarella cheese and dollops of ricotta.1 tablespoon olive oil or a neutral oil, 8 oz mozzarella cheese, ½ cup ricotta
- Bake pizza - Bake pizza on the middle rack for 10-12 minutes or until the cheese is golden and the bottom of the crust is lightly browned. The cheese will be bubbly around the edges.
- Serve - Remove from the oven and top with prosciutto and arugula. Cut into 8 slices and drizzle with hot honey. Serve immediately.2 oz prosciutto, 1 cup arugula, 2 tablespoon hot honey
- Make sure you spread the dough evenly and carefully to ensure the dough is even thickness throughout and there aren't any holes
- Be sure to let the dough rest until it is room temperature. Cold dough will be hard to mold and will cook more evenly.
- Heat the stone - To start, pre-heat the stone on the lowest oven shelf in the oven at 475°F for 10 minutes. Do not flour the pizza stone or the flour will burn.
- Add cheeses - When prepping the pizza before baking, omit the oil and prepare dough on the floured work surface instead of in a greased baking sheet.
- Transfer to oven - Use a pizza peel to transfer the dough to the pizza stone and bake.
Leave a Reply