Looking for the Best Side Dishes for Hot Dogs? We got you covered! Check out our favorite hot dog sides, including our famous chili, umami-packed corn on the cob, homemade french fries, caramelized onions, and more!
Summer time means barbecues and grilling! Hot dogs are one of our go to BBQ meals and we are always experimenting with different dishes to enjoy with them. Below we've rounded up 20 dishes that pair perfectly with hot dogs, so you can try out some new and tasty combinations.
1. Turkey Chili
2. Elotes Style Corn with Furikake
3. Homemade Seasoned French Fries
4. Caramelized Onions
5. Healthy Corn and Zucchini Fritters
6. Bacon Cheddar Hasselback Potatoes
7. Healthy Greek Yogurt Coleslaw
8. Zesty Italian Pasta Salad
9. Parmesan Frico (Cheese Crisps)
10. Roasted Brussel Sprouts with Pancetta
11. Jalapeño Cheddar Cornbread with Miso
12. Prosciutto Ricotta Pizza
13. Spicy Hot Honey Sauce
14. Fruity Summer Sangria
15. Greek Yogurt Ranch Dressing
16. Pan Fried Potatoes with Herbs
17. Pear and Prosciutto Rocket Salad
18. Animal Style Fries (In-N-Out Copycat Recipes)
19. Classic Egg Salad
20. Spicy Mayo
Did You Like These Recipes?
Love these easy recipes to pair with hot dogs? Leave a 5-star ????? rating in the recipe card below and leave a comment below. Thanks!
20 Best Side Dishes for Hot Dogs
Cook the Corn
- Heat the oven - Heat the oven to 350°F.
- Brush the corn - Brush the corn with the vegetable oil so that the cobs are evenly coated.4 ears of corn shucked, 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Cook the corn - Place the cobs on the baking sheet and place in the oven. Cook the corn for 30 minutes and turn halfway through. Then turn the heat up to 400°F and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
Mix the Kewpie Mayo and Garlic
- Powder - While the corn cooks, add Kewpie mayo, garlic powder, and salt in a small bowl. Stir the ingredients together until well-mixed and the garlic powder is incorporated. Set aside.½ cup Kewpie mayo, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- Slather Corn with Butter and Garlic Kewpie Mayo - Remove the corn from the oven and place the cobs on a serving plate. Brush the corn with butter, then with the garlic Kewpie mayo mixture.2 tablespoon butter
- Add Cheese, Furikake, Togarashi, and Lime - Then, top the corn with grated cotija cheese, chopped cilantro, furikake, and togarashi. Finally, squeeze lime juice over the cobs and serve.½ cup crumbled cotija cheese, 2 tablespoon furikake, ½ teaspoon togarashi, 2 tablespoon cilantro, 1 lime
- Adjust the spice level by adding more or less togarashi.
- Store in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
- To make this a salad, remove the corn from the cob and place the kernels in a mixing bowl, then mix in the same amount of toppings.