A big bowl of chili is the perfect cozy comfort food. Wondering what side dishes to serve with chili? Below we list all of our favorite chili side dishes, including cornbread, crispy tortilla strips, and scrumptious veggies.
Chili is one of our favorite fall meals. When the temperatures drop, we love to make a big batch for a few nights in a row. Below we've rounded up 20 great options that pair deliciously with chili so you know exactly what to make next time you want to make chili.
If you are looking for a chili recipe, try our Thick and Healthy Turkey Chili. Our turkey chili takes just 45 minutes to make and features lean turkey, corn, kidney beans, and bell pepper.
Our chili makes enough for 3 to 4 nights so it is a great option for weekly meal planning. Our recipe also includes instructions for Crispy Tortilla Strips and a healthy Greek yogurt mixture to enjoy with the chili!
1. Jalapeño Cheddar Cornbread with Miso
2. Crispy Baked Tortilla Strips
3. 10-Minute Sautéed Broccolini (Broccoletti)
4. Healthy Corn and Zucchini Fritters
5. Homemade Seasoned French Fries
6. Elotes Style Corn with Furikake
7. Harvest Salad with Quinoa and Arugula
8. Sautéed French Green Beans with Furikake
9. Pan Fried Potatoes with Herbs
10. Pear and Prosciutto Rocket Salad
11. Roasted Asparagus with Parmesan
12. White Rice
13. Roasted Brussel Sprouts with Pancetta
14. Bacon Cheddar Hasselback Potatoes
15. Furikake and Lemon Shishito Peppers
16. Cheese Quesadilla with Pan Roasted Vegetables
17. Miso Mashed Potatoes
18. Vegetable Wild Rice
19. Miso Glazed Eggplant
20. Maple Roasted Brussel Sprouts and Carrots
Did You Like This Recipe?
Love these chili sides? Please leave a 5-star 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 rating in the recipe card below and leave a comment below. Thanks!
What to Serve with Chili: 20 Best Side Dishes
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup butter melted at room temperature 1 stick
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup grated cheddar
- 1 tablespoon miso paste
- 1 tablespoon jalapeños chopped, plus more for garnish
- 1 egg
- Heat oven and prepare pan - Heat oven to 400°F. Line an 8x8" square pan or 9" round baking pan with parchment paper or grease the pan.
- Mix ingredients - In a large mixing bowl, beat egg, milk, butter, and miso paste. Add in flour, cornmeal, baking powder, baking soda, sugar, and brown sugar and use a spatula to fold in ingredients just until mixed. Fold in grated cheese and jalapeños.1 cup cornmeal, 1 cup all-purpose flour, 1 teaspoon baking soda, 1 teaspoon baking powder, ¼ cup brown sugar, ½ cup butter melted at room temperature, 1 cup milk, ½ cup grated cheddar, 1 tablespoon miso paste, 1 egg, 1 tablespoon jalapeños
- Prepare to bake - Pour batter into baking pan and gently smooth with an offset spatula or spoon. Add additional grated cheese and place jalapeño slices if desired.
- Bake - Place in oven and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the top of the bread is golden brown. Remove from the oven. Allow the bread to cool and slice into 9 squares.
- Store leftover cornbread in an air-tight container for up to 3 days. The air-tight container retains the cornbread's moisture. To reheat, place on a sheet pan or a baking sheet and warm at 300°F for 8 minutes or until warmed.
- Be sure to fluff the flour before you measure it so you don't use too much.
- Do not overmix the cornbread or it could get too dense.