Looking for What to Serve With Chicken Pot Pie? Check out our favorite pot pie sides, including our no-fuss veggies, creamy potatoes, and flavor-packed salads.
Chicken Pot Pies are one of our favorite comfort foods. We love the combination of tasty veggies, chicken, and creamy filling. We often eat the Trader Joe's pot pies and are always testing out different sides to pair with them.
Below we've rounded up 16 side dishes that pair deliciously with pot pies so you know exactly what to make the next time you eat one.
1. Maple Bacon Brussel Sprouts
2. Elotes Style Corn with Furikake
3. Pear and Prosciutto Rocket Salad
4. Healthy Corn and Zucchini Fritters
5. Roasted Asparagus with Parmesan
6. Miso Mashed Potatoes
7. Ten-Minute Sautéed Broccolini (Broccoletti)
8. Jalapeño Cheddar Cornbread with Miso
9. Harvest Salad with Quinoa and Arugula
10. Bacon Cheddar Hasselback Potatoes
11. Furikake and Lemon Shishito Peppers
12. Oven Roasted Onions
13. Roasted Honeynut Squash
14. Sautéed French Green Beans with Furikake
15. Spiced Vegan Butternut Squash Soup
Did You Like These Recipes?
All of the above sides will add a new flavorful dimension to your pot pie dinner. If you made and enjoyed any of these sides, please rate this post and comment below!
What to Serve With Chicken Pot Pie: 16 Tasty Sides
- Prepare the broccolini - Trim a half-inch off the bottom of the broccolini stems.1 bunch broccolini
- Prepare garlic - Use the side of your knife to slightly crush the whole garlic cloves. Crushing the garlic releases the garlic oil into the cooking oil. Leaving the garlic whole prevents the clove from burning.2 garlic, 2 teaspoon olive oil
- Cook garlic and broccolini - Add oil and garlic cloves to a skillet over medium heat. When the oil shimmers, add broccolini and sauté for 5 minutes, turning the broccolini over with tongs halfway through. The broccolini will turn bright green and some of the florets become charred.
- Season and steam - Use tongs to remove the garlic. Toss broccolini with salt and optional black pepper or red pepper flakes. Add the water, cover with a lid, and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes.½ teaspoon kosher salt or sea salt, ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, 1 tablespoon water
- Serve - Serve immediately with lemon wedges and top with Parmigiano-Reggiano if desired.lemon wedges, Parmigiano Reggiano
- Store leftover garlic broccolini in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Broccolini doesn't stand up well to freezing. To reheat leftovers in the oven, heat oven to 350 degrees F and place the broccolini on a baking sheet. Bake in the oven for 5-7 minutes.
- To heat the broccolini on the stovetop, add a drizzle of olive oil to a skillet on low-medium heat. Place the broccolini in a single layer in the skillet and cook until warm, or about 3-5 minutes.
- Cook in a single layer - Cook broccolini in a single layer on the pan so the vegetables cook evenly and do not get soggy.
- Season well - Generously season broccolini with olive oil, kosher or sea salt, pepper, and red pepper. This recipe is very versatile and flexible, so you can season with your favorite spices too!