Peanut Butter Berry Smoothie is rich in probiotics and vitamins, and makes for an energizing breakfast or snack. This rich smoothie tastes like a peanut butter and jelly sandwich! We top it with chia seeds, fruit, and peanut butter for garnish.
Smoothies are an excellent source of daily vitamins and protein and this Peanut Butter Berry Smoothie provides just that. It calls for six common smoothie ingredients and only takes 5 minutes to whip up. This is definitely one recipe to add to your weekly smoothie rotation!
Are Berry Smoothies Healthy?
Berry smoothies are a great addition to a healthy, balanced meal plan. This particular gluten free berry and banana smoothie contains whole foods and is naturally sweetened by frozen berries and banana. It is a delicious way to get your daily dose of vitamins, antioxidants, fiber, probiotics, protein, and omega-3 fatty acids.
This delicious peanut butter and berry smoothie is made with 6 simple ingredients. It's also incredibly easy to make as a healthy, quick breakfast or snack. Here are the ingredients you need:
- Oat milk - Oat milk is a creamy plant-based milk. It is rich in fiber and contains no saturated fats. Other plant-based milks such as almond milk, soy milk, and rice milk are fine to substitute as well.
- Kefir - Kefir is a thin, probiotic-rich yogurt-like drink. It has a tart and tangy in flavor, and high in protein.
- Frozen berries - Frozen mixed berries, including strawberries and blueberries, are an excellent source of antioxidants. These antioxidants protect your cells and reduce risk of disease.
- Banana - Bananas add a creamy consistency and are great for digestion, heart health, and weight loss.
- Natural peanut butter - Natural peanut butter is high in protein and contains only peanuts and salt. It does not contain any fillers or unnecessary ingredients.
- Chia seeds - Chia seeds are loaded with antioxidants, fiber, and omega-3 fatty acids. Find them at your local grocery store, including Trader Joe's and Sprouts, or online.
How to Make Berry Smoothies
- Add ingredients to a blender - First, add oat milk or non-dairy of choice, kefir, frozen berries, banana, natural peanut butter, and chia seeds to blender.
- Blend - Second, blend the ingredients on high for 2 minutes or until the ingredients are incorporated and smooth.
- Serve - Finally, Serve in chilled glasses and enjoy immediately.
- Greek yogurt - Use Greek yogurt instead of kefir if you prefer the taste and texture.
- Apple juice - Use apple juice instead of kefir to add an apple flavor to the smoothie.
- Coconut Milk or Water - Replace kefir with coconut milk or water if you want to add coconut flavor to the smoothie. Just be aware that coconut milk will help thicken the smoothie while coconut water will make it thinner.
- Blackberry Strawberry Banana - For another delicious berry smoothie, check out our Blackberry Strawberry Banana Smoothie.
Make this strawberry and blueberry smoothie with your own unique twist! Below are some nutritious additions to add to your smoothie:
- Clean protein powder - Add a scoop of your favorite protein powder to your smoothie to make it more filling. Just make sure it's free of artificial additives. Adding protein is a great way to make your smoothie more filling for breakfast or post-workout snack.
- Collagen powder - Collagen powder dissolves in the smoothie mixture and is virtually tasteless. It is known to support youthful, glowing skin; strong nails, healthy hair; and joints.
- Maca powder - Maca root powder is rich in a number of nutrients, including vitamin C, copper and iron. It has mood boosting properties and will add a nutty flavor to your smoothie.
- Flax seeds - Flax seeds will add a boost of omega-3 fatty acids and fiber to your smoothies. Flax seeds can help to lower cholesterol and reduce the risk of heart disease.
- Goji berries - Goji berries are high in vitamins and antioxidants. They promote immune function and eye health. Goji berries are available in dried berry or powder form.
- Honey or Agave - Add honey or agave sweetener for extra sweetness.
- Extra Thick - Add ice cubes to make this smoothie extra thick and chilly
- Deluxe - Add our homemade whipped cream to make this smoothie extra decadent.
In order to make this healthy berry smoothie recipe, you will need a blender. Our Vitamix is our tried true blender and we highly recommend it if you want to upgrade! It is an incredibly powerful machine that effortlessly blends smoothies, soups, and sauces.
In order to make this recipe, you will also need a measuring cup and spoon, a knife, and a cutting board. Finally, we recommend serving your strawberry and banana smoothie in these classic French glasses with reusable straws!
This mixed berry smoothie can be kept in an air-tight glass pitcher or in glass bottles for up to 3 days in a refrigerator. The glass bottles are great because they are reusable and you can take them to go.
Here are 3 easy tips to make a perfectly smooth and creamy smoothie:
- Add liquid - Liquid helps the frozen smoothie ingredients blend smoothly. If your smoothie isn't blending fully or is too thick, add more plant-based milk or water. Just be sure to add the liquid one quarter cup at a time.
- Frozen fruit - Use frozen fruit because keeps the smoothie cold and frozen without diluting the flavor.
- Blend long enough - Blend your smoothie until the ingredients are incorporated and smooth, which may take around 2 minutes. To make a perfectly blended smoothie, blend ingredients on a low speed then increase the speed until the ingredients are smooth.
Did You Like This Recipe?
Please rate and comment below if you love this banana, blueberry, and strawberry smoothie! For more recipes and content, follow and like The Heirloom Pantry on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest. Here are a few of our other great smoothie and juice recipes:
- Clear Skin Smoothie
- Piña Colada Collagen Smoothie
- Glowing Skin Green Juice
- Immune Booster Juice
- Blackberry Strawberry Banana Smoothie
- Superfood Peanut Butter and Berry Smoothie Bowl
Peanut Butter Berry Smoothie (Without Yogurt)
- 1 cup oat milk or non-dairy of choice
- 1 cup kefir
- 2 cups frozen berries
- 1 banana
- 2 tablespoon natural peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- Add ingredients to a blender.1 cup oat milk or non-dairy of choice, 1 cup kefir, 2 cups frozen berries, 1 banana, 2 tablespoon natural peanut butter, 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- Blend on high for 2 minutes, or until smooth.
- Serve in chilled glasses and enjoy immediately.