Peanut Butter Berry Smoothie is rich in probiotics and vitamins, and makes for an energizing breakfast or snack. This smoothie tastes like a peanut butter and jelly sandwich! Top this quick and easy smoothie with extra chia seeds, fruit, and peanut butter for garnish.
Smoothies are an excellent way to get your daily dose of vitamins and protein! Peanut Butter Berry Smoothie is one recipe you need to add to your weekly smoothie rotation. It calls for six common smoothie ingredients and only takes 5 minutes to whip in your blender. Let me show you how to make it!
Ingredients to make a Peanut Butter Berry Smoothie
This delicious peanut butter and berry smoothie is made with 6 simple ingredients. It's incredibly easy to make as a healthy, quick breakfast or snack. Here are the ingredients you need to make a smooth and nutritious smoothie:
- Oat milk - Oat milk is a creamy plant-based milk. It is rich in fiber and contains no saturated fats. Other plant-based milks are fine to substitute, including almond milk, soy milk, and rice milk.
- Kefir - Kefir is a thin, probiotic-rich yogurt-like drink. It's tart and tangy in flavor, and high in protein.
- Frozen berries - Frozen mixed berries, including strawberries and blueberries, are an excellent source of antioxidants. These antioxidants protect your cells and may reduce disease risk.
- Banana - Bananas add a creamy consistency and are great for digestion, heart health, and weight loss.
- Natural peanut butter - Natural peanut butter is high in protein and contains only peanuts and salt. It does not contain any fillers or unnecessary ingredients.
- Chia seeds - Chia seeds are loaded with antioxidants, fiber, and omega-3 fatty acids. Find them at your local grocery store, including Trader Joe's and Sprouts, or online.
How to Make Berry Smoothies
- Add ingredients to a blender - Add oat milk or non-dairy of choice, kefir, frozen berries, banana, natural peanut butter, and chia seeds to blender.
- Blend - Secondly, blend the ingredients on high for 2 minutes or until the ingredients are incorporated and smooth.
- Serve - Serve in chilled glasses and enjoy immediately.
I use my tried and true Vitamix and I highly recommend this blender if you want to upgrade! It is an incredibly powerful machine and blends smoothies, soups, and sauces effortlessly. Serve your smoothies in these classic French glasses with reusable straws!
Are Berry Smoothies Healthy?
Berry smoothies are a great addition to a healthy, balanced meal plan. This particular berry smoothie contains whole foods and is naturally sweetened by frozen berries and banana. Peanut Butter Berry Smoothie is a delicious way to get your daily dose of vitamins, antioxidants, fiber, probiotics, protein, and omega-3 fatty acids.
Peanut Butter Berry Smoothie Additions
Make this smoothie your own! Below are some nutritious additions to add to your peanut butter berry smoothie:
- Clean protein powder - Add a scoop of your favorite clean protein powder to your smoothie. Make sure it's free of artificial additives. It's a great way to make your smoothie more filling for breakfast or after a workout.
- Collagen powder - Collagen powder dissolves in the smoothie mixture and is virtually tasteless. It's an effortless way to get youthful, glowing skin, strong nails, healthy hair, and well-supported joints.
- Maca powder - Maca root powder is rich in a number of nutrients, including vitamin C, copper and iron. Maca powder has mood boosting properties and adds a nutty flavor to your smoothie.
- Flax seeds - Flax seeds add a boost omega-3 fatty acids and fiber to your smoothies. Flax seeds help lower cholesterol and reduce the risk of heart disease.
- Goji berries - Goji berries are high in vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. They promote immune function and eye health. Goji berries are available in dried berry or powder form.
Tips to Make a Perfect Smoothie
Here are 3 easy tips to make a perfectly smooth and creamy smoothie:
- Add liquid - Liquid helps the frozen smoothie ingredients blend more smoothly. If your smoothie isn't blending fully or is too thick, add more plant-based milk starting with a quarter cup at a time.
- Frozen fruit - Frozen fruit keeps the smoothie cold and frozen without diluting the flavor.
- Blend long enough - Blend your smoothie until the ingredients are incorporated and smooth, which may take around 2 minutes. To make a perfectly blended smoothie, blend ingredients on a low speed then increase the speed until the ingredients are smooth.
Try More Smoothie and Juice Recipes
Please let me know if you try and love this recipe! If you make the recipe, please comment and leave a review below! For more recipes and content, you can like and follow The Heirloom Pantry on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest.
Peanut Butter Berry Smoothie
- 1 cup oat milk or non-dairy of choice
- 1 cup kefir
- 2 cups frozen berries
- 1 banana
- 2 tbsp natural peanut butter
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- Add ingredients to a blender.
- Blend on high for 2 minutes, or until smooth.
- Serve in chilled glasses and enjoy immediately.