Piña Colada Collagen Smoothie is a tropical, fruity way to get enjoy vitamins and collagen. One sip will transport you to an island vacation and leave you feeling refreshed and nourished. It is made of healthy, simple ingredients, including pineapple, coconut milk, and collagen powder.
Collagen: the Anti-Aging Powder
Smoothies are a tasty vehicle for anti-aging and skin-clearing ingredients. They are nourishing and delicious and are a time-saving way to get your daily dose of vitamins. I always add vitamin-packed sources of produce and powders, including collagen powder, to my morning smoothie.
What is Collagen Powder?
Collagen is an essential component of skin, bones, muscles, and tendons. It is essentially the glue that holds your body together. Collagen powder is the hydrolyzed form of animal collagen. Animal collagen is most commonly derived from bovine or marine animals.
Collagen powder can be easily added to any smoothie, as it dissolves in liquid and is virtually tasteless. It's an effortless way to get youthful, glowing skin, strong nails, healthy hair, and well-supported joints.
The Benefits of Collagen Powder
As you age, your body produces less collagen. This loss of collagen leads to less supple skin, brittle nails and hair, and joint weakness. Collagen powder can improve elasticity and increase the collagen content in your skin. This improvement can reduce signs of aging and replenish the loss of collagen humans experience.
After taking collagen powder in this Piña Colada Collagen Smoothie, I saw an improvement in my own skin and continue to add a scoop to my smoothies. My skin feels more supple and my hair and nails are strong thanks to this vitamin-packed, collagen-rich smoothie.
How to Make Piña Colada Collagen Smoothie
Piña Colada Collagen Smoothie is a refreshing smoothie for any time of day. I start every morning with a healthy smoothie, and will often whip one up for a midday treat or a sweet dessert after dinner. Who doesn't love a tropical smoothie loaded with nourishing ingredients?
Special Equipment to Make a Smoothie
To explore more kitchen items to make your kitchen complete, head to my shop: Kat’s Kitchen Essentials.
Instructions to Make Piña Colada Collagen Smoothie
- Make the Coconut Garnish - First, make the garnish for the rims of the glasses using shredded coconut. Secondly, add 2 tablespoons of the shredded coconut to the blender and blend until the shreds become fine flecks of coconut. Once the coconut is blended, remove the coconut from the blender and place the flakes on a plate for later. It's okay if some of the coconut shreds stay in the blender. The garnish is optional and adds a fun tropical flair to your smoothie!
- Blend the Smoothie Ingredients - Add pineapple, banana, remaining quarter cup of shredded coconut, collagen powder, oat milk, coconut milk, ice, and agave sweetener to the blender. Once the ingredients are in the blender, blend on the high setting until smooth and creamy.
- Coat the Glasses with Coconut - Using a juicy pineapple wedge, rub the rim of the glasses. To coat the glass rims with coconut, turn the glasses over onto the plate of coconut flakes. After that, turn the glasses in a circular motion on the plate until the rims are evenly coated with coconut.
- Pour and Garnish - Lastly, pour the smoothie in both glasses, garnish with a pineapple wedge, and enjoy your refreshing smoothie!
If you enjoy greens in your smoothie, add a handful of spinach or baby kale for an additional serving of vegetables.
Did You Like This Recipe?
If you enjoyed this recipe, please rate and comment below. For more skincare tips and nourishing drinks like the Piña Colada Collagen Smoothie, check out these recipes:Print
Piña Colada Collagen Smoothie is a tropical, fruity way to get enjoy vitamins and collagen. One sip will transport you to an island vacation and leave you feeling refreshed and nourished. It's made with simple ingredients, including pineapple, coconut milk, and collagen powder.
- ¼ cup and 2 tbsp shredded coconut, separated
- 1 cup fresh or frozen pineapple, plus a couple of wedges for garnish
- 1 frozen banana
- 2 tbsp collagen powder
- 1 ½ cup oat milk (or almond milk, soy milk, etc.)
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 1 cup ice
- 1 tbsp agave sweetener
First, add 2 tablespoons of the shredded coconut to the blender and blend until the shreds turn into fine flecks of coconut. Remove the coconut from the blender and place on a plate for later. This will be the garnish for the rim of the glasses.
In the blender, add pineapple, banana, remaining quarter cup of shredded coconut, collagen powder, oat milk, coconut milk, ice, and agave sweetener. Blend on high until smooth (about 1 minute).
Using a juicy wedge of pineapple, rub the rim of the glasses. Turn the glasses over into the plate of coconut flakes and turn until the rims are coated with coconut.
Pour the smoothie in both glasses, garnish with a pineapple wedge, and enjoy.
This smoothie makes enough for two regular servings or one large serving. The coconut and pineapple garnish is optional.
Keywords: Healthy Piña Colada Collagen Smoothie, Piña Colada Smoothie, healthy Piña Colada, pineapple coconut healthy smoothie, clear skin smoothie, anti-aging smoothie, collagen smoothie
- Cook to a minimum temperature of 165 °F (74 °C)
- Do not use the same utensils on cooked food, that previously touched raw meat
- Wash hands after touching raw meat
- Don't leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods
- Never leave cooking food unattended
- Use oils with high smoking point to avoid harmful compounds
- Always have good ventilation when using a gas stove