Piña Colada Smoothie with Collagen is a tropical, fruity way to enjoy vitamins and collagen. One sip will transport you to an island vacation and leave you feeling refreshed and nourished. It consists of healthy, simple ingredients, including pineapple, coconut milk, and collagen powder.
This Piña Colada Smoothie is a refreshing smoothie for any time of day. I typically start most mornings with a healthy smoothie, and will often whip one up for a midday treat or a sweet dessert after dinner. Who doesn't love a tropical smoothie loaded with nourishing ingredients?
Collagen: the Anti-Aging Powder
Smoothies are a tasty vehicle for anti-aging and skin-clearing ingredients. They are nourishing and delicious and are a time-saving way to get your daily dose of vitamins. I always add vitamin-packed sources of produce and powders, including collagen powder, to my morning smoothie.
What is Collagen Powder?
Collagen is an essential component of skin, bones, muscles, and tendons. It is essentially the glue that holds your body together. Collagen powder is the hydrolyzed form of animal collagen. Animal collagen is most commonly derived from bovine or marine animals.
Collagen powder can be easily added to any smoothie, as it dissolves in liquid and is virtually tasteless. It's an effortless way to get youthful, glowing skin, strong nails, healthy hair, and well-supported joints.
The Benefits of Collagen Powder
As you age, your body produces less collagen. This loss of collagen leads to less supple skin, brittle nails and hair, and joint weakness. Collagen powder can improve elasticity and increase the collagen content in your skin. This improvement can reduce signs of aging and replenish the loss of collagen humans experience.
After taking collagen powder in this Piña Colada Collagen Smoothie, I saw an improvement in my own skin and continue to add a scoop to my smoothies. My skin feels more supple and my hair and nails are strong thanks to this vitamin-packed, collagen-rich smoothie.
- Shredded coconut -Provides a light and fruity accent to the smoothie and garnish.
- Pineapple - adds tart sweetness to the smoothie and wedges provide garnish.
- Banana - Adds sweetness and creaminess to the smoothie.
- Milk - We prefer oat milk because it is both delicious and healthy.
- Coconut milk - Gives the smoothie a floral and nutty flavor.
- Agave sweetener - Adds a unique hint of sweetness.
- Make the Coconut Garnish - First, make the garnish for the rims of the glasses using shredded coconut. Secondly, add 2 tablespoons of the shredded coconut to the blender and blend until the shreds become fine flecks of coconut. Once the coconut is blended, remove the coconut from the blender and place the flakes on a plate for later. It's okay if some of the coconut shreds stay in the blender. The garnish is optional and adds a fun tropical flair to your smoothie!
- Blend the Smoothie Ingredients - Add frozen or fresh pineapple chunks, banana, remaining quarter cup of shredded coconut, collagen powder, oat milk, coconut milk, ice, and agave sweetener to the blender. Once the ingredients are in the blender, blend on the high setting until smooth and creamy.
- Coat the Glasses with Coconut - Using a juicy pineapple wedge, rub the rim of the glasses. To coat the glass rims with coconut, turn the glasses over onto the plate of coconut flakes. After that, turn the glasses in a circular motion on the plate until the rims are evenly coated with coconut.
- Pour and Garnish - Lastly, pour the smoothie in both glasses, garnish with a pineapple wedge, and enjoy your refreshing smoothie!
Hint: Enjoy your smoothie right away for the best and creamiest consistency.
- Milk - If you don't like oat milk, almond milk or soy milk are great replacements with slightly different flavors.
- Kefir - Replace milk with kefir for a similar tart base, but with added probiotics and protein.
- Honey - Replace agave sweetener with honey if you prefer the taste of honey to agave.
- Greens - If you enjoy greens in your smoothie, add a handful of spinach or baby kale for an additional serving of vegetables.
- Deluxe - Add our homemade whipped cream to make this smoothie extra decadent.
- Protein - Add some protein powder if you want to drink this after a workout.
- Less sweet - Don't add agave sweetener if you want to keep the smoothie less sweet and just want to enjoy the core flavors.
- Collagen powder - Collagen powder dissolves in the smoothie mixture and is virtually tasteless. It's an effortless way to get youthful, glowing skin, strong nails, healthy hair, and well-supported joints.
- Maca powder - Maca root powder is rich in a number of nutrients, including vitamin C, copper and iron. Maca powder has mood boosting properties and adds a nutty flavor to your smoothie.
- Flax seeds - Flax seeds add a boost omega-3 fatty acids and fiber to your smoothies. Flax seeds help lower cholesterol and reduce the risk of heart disease.
To explore more kitchen items to make your kitchen complete, head to my shop: Kat’s Kitchen Essentials.
This delicious Piña Colada Smoothie can be kept in an air-tight glass pitcher or in glass bottles for up to 3 days in a refrigerator. The glass bottles are great because you can take them to go and reuse them.
Top Tips to Make a Perfect Smoothie
- Add liquid - Liquid helps the frozen smoothie ingredients blend more smoothly. If your smoothie isn't blending fully or is too thick, add more plant-based milk starting with a quarter cup at a time.
- Frozen fruit - Using frozen fruit keeps the smoothie cold and frozen without diluting the flavor.
- Blend long enough - Blend your smoothie until the ingredients are incorporated and smooth, which may take around 2 minutes. To make a perfectly blended smoothie, blend ingredients on a low speed then increase the speed until the ingredients are smooth.
Did You Like This Recipe?
If you enjoyed this recipe, please rate and comment below. For more skincare tips and nourishing drinks like this Piña Colada Collagen Smoothie, check out these posts:
- Clear Skin Smoothie
- Glowing Skin Green Juice
- Immune Booster Juice
- Summer Skin Care Routine
- Superfood Peanut Butter and Berry Smoothie Bowl
Piña Colada Smoothie with Collagen
- ¼ cup and 2 tablespoon shredded coconut separated
- 1 cup fresh or frozen pineapple plus a couple of wedges for garnish
- 1 frozen banana
- 2 tablespoon collagen powder
- 1 ½ cup oat milk or almond milk, soy milk, etc.
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 1 cup ice
- 1 tablespoon agave sweetener
Make the Coconut Garnish
- Add 2 tablespoons of the shredded coconut to the blender and blend until the shreds become fine flecks of coconut.
- Once the coconut is blended, remove the coconut from the blender and place the flakes on a plate for later. It's okay if some of the coconut shreds stay in the blender. The garnish is optional and adds a fun tropical flair to your smoothie!
Make the smoothie
- In the blender, add pineapple, banana, remaining quarter cup of shredded coconut, collagen powder, oat milk, coconut milk, ice, and agave sweetener. Blend on high until smooth (about 1 minute).
- Using a juicy wedge of pineapple, rub the rim of the glasses. Turn the glasses over into the plate of coconut flakes and turn until the rims are coated with coconut.
- Pour the smoothie in both glasses, garnish with a pineapple wedge, and enjoy.