Blackberry Strawberry Banana Smoothie is the perfect way to kick off your day! It features frozen sweet berries, dates, and banana; and non-dairy milk of choice and Greek yogurt for creamy richness and probiotics. Just blend the ingredients and enjoy!
We enjoy smoothies regularly as a sweet way to get our daily serving of fruits and vegetables. We incorporate smoothies into our daily routine since they are nutrient-rich and so easy to make. This Blackberry Strawberry Banana Smoothie is one of our favorite smoothie combinations because it is both healthy and sweet like a dessert!
About Strawberry Banana Blackberry Smoothie
- Taste - The smoothie is packed with sweet fruit flavors and has a rich berry flavor because of the strawberries and blackberries.
- Texture - It has a creamy thick consistency.
- Effort - Just toss the ingredients in the blender and pulse until smooth.
- Time - It takes just a few minutes to blend.
- Dairy-free milk of choice - We prefer oat milk because it is a creamy plant-based milk. It is rich in fiber and contains no saturated fats. Other plant-based milks such as almond milk, soy milk, and rice milk are fine to substitute as well.
- Greek yogurt - Plain Greek yogurt is the creamy base for the smoothie.
- Blackberries - Blackberries add a tart and tangy flavor. They are also rich in nutrients and vitamins.
- Strawberries - Strawberries are sweet, vibrant, and rich in fiber and antioxidants.
- Bananas - Bananas add a creamy consistency and are great for digestion, heart health, and weight loss.
- Medjool dates - Dates are nutritious and add a chocolatey cinnamon taste to the smoothie.
- Clean protein powder - Add a scoop of your favorite protein powder to make your smoothie a more filling breakfast or post-workout snack.
- Apple juice - Use apple juice to add apple flavor to the smoothie.
- Coconut milk or water - Use coconut milk or water if you want to add coconut flavor. Just be aware that coconut milk will thicken the smoothie while coconut water will thin it.
- Kefir - Kefir is a thin, protein and probiotic-rich yogurt-like drink. It has a tart and tangy in flavor.
- Natural peanut butter - Natural peanut butter is high in protein and will thicken the smoothie.
- Blueberries - Add blueberries to make this smoothie extra berrylicious.
- Shredded coconut - Shredded coconut provides a light and fruity accent to the smoothie and garnish.
- Collagen powder - Collagen powder contributes to glowing skin, strong nails, healthy hair, and joints.
- Maca powder - Maca root powder can boost mood and add a nutty flavor.
- Chia seeds - Chia seeds are mostly tasteless and are loaded with antioxidants, fiber, and omega-3 fatty acids.
- Honey or Agave - Add honey or agave sweetener for extra sweetness.
- Extra Thick - Add ice cubes to make this smoothie extra thick and chilly.
- Goji berries - Goji berries are high in vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. They promote immune function and eye health. Goji berries are available in dried berry or powder form.
- Blend - Add ingredients to a blender. Blend on high for 2 minutes, or until smooth.
- Serve - Serve in chilled glasses and enjoy immediately.
Pro tip: Keep an eye on the ingredients as you blend to ensure they don't over blend and become watery.
In order to make this healthy berry smoothie recipe, you will need a blender. Our Vitamix is our tried true blender and we highly recommend it if you want to upgrade! It is an incredibly powerful machine that effortlessly blends smoothies, soups, and sauces.
This healthy blackberry smoothie should be kept in an air-tight glass pitcher or in glass bottles for up to 3 days in a refrigerator. The glass bottles are great because they are reusable and you can take them to go.
- Add liquid - Liquid helps the frozen smoothie ingredients blend smoothly. If your smoothie isn't blending or is too thick, add more non-dairy milk or water. Just be sure to add the liquid one quarter cup at a time so you don't accidentally thin it out too much.
- Frozen fruit - Use frozen fruit keep the smoothie cold and frozen without diluting the flavor.
- Blend long enough - Blend your smoothie until the ingredients are incorporated and smooth, which may take a couple minutes. To make a perfectly blended smoothie, blend ingredients on a low speed then increase the speed until the ingredients are smooth.
Smoothies that are high in added sugar are unhealthy. Our recipe only includes natural sugar from the fruit and a little added sugar from the Greek yogurt and milk.
Yes, as long as you are drinking smoothies made without a lot of added sugar. However, we always recommend a balanced diet and do not recommend consuming smoothies exclusively.
Yes, we love a berry medley! Both blackberries and strawberries are sweet and tart. They are delicious and compliment each other when blended.
You should never use canned fruit because many options contain added syrup and sugar. Likewise, maple syrup, ice cream, and sherbert are packed with added sugar.
Did You Like This Recipe?
Love this blackberry smoothie recipe? Please leave a 5-star rating in the recipe card below & leave a comment below. Looking for more fruity treats? Try our Frozen Yogurt Bark with Berries and Granola and our Peanut Butter and Berry Smoothie Bowl.
Blackberry Strawberry Banana Smoothie
- 1 blender
- 1 cups dairy-free milk of choice
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
- 1 cup blackberries
- 1 cup strawberries stems removed
- 1 banana
- 1 medjool date pitted, optional
- protein powder optional
- Blend - Add ingredients to a blender. Blend on high for 2 minutes, or until smooth.1 cups dairy-free milk of choice, ½ cup Greek yogurt, 1 cup blackberries, 1 cup strawberries, 1 banana, 1 medjool date, protein powder
- Serve - Serve in chilled glasses and enjoy immediately.
- Keep an eye on the ingredients while you blend them to ensure they don't over blend and become watery.
- Add liquid to ensure the smoothie ingredients blend smoothly. If your smoothie isn't blending or is too thick, add more non-dairy milk or water. Just add the liquid one quarter cup at a time so you don't accidentally thin it out too much.
- Frozen fruit - Use frozen fruit to keep the smoothie cold and frozen without diluting the flavor.
- Blend long enough - Blend your smoothie until the ingredients are incorporated and smooth, which may take a couple minutes.