Easy 2-Ingredient Whipped Cream is a tasty, simple recipe that is a perfect addition to any dessert. It only takes two ingredients and a few minutes to whip up a batch of this fresh cream that tastes much better than any store-bought canned whipped cream.
The Perfect Homemade Whipped Cream
Homemade whipped cream is a simple, thoughtful addition you can add to a dessert. It's tastier and doesn't have all of the additives that store-bought canned whipped cream has. Whip up a batch of whipped cream for strawberry shortcake or galettes. In the morning, it goes perfectly with Brioche French Toast with Berries or freshly baked biscuits and jam.
- Heavy Whipping Cream - Chilled heavy whipping cream is the base of homemade whipped cream It contains at least 30% fat content, which allows it to form stiff peaks when whipped. Use organic heavy whipping cream for the best quality product.
- Sugar - Sugar adds a sweetness to the whipped cream.
How to Make Easy 2-Ingredient Whipped Cream
- Chill the Mixing Bowl - First, place a glass or metal mixing bowl in the freezer. Freezing the bowl will allow the cream to stay cold and stable.
- Whip the Ingredients - Then, place the sugar and heavy whipping cream in the bowl and whisk by hand or by electric mixer.
- Vanilla - Add a teaspoon of vanilla extract or vanilla bean paste to the heavy whipping cream and sugar. Then whip to add a vanilla flavor to the whipped cream.
- Flavored Extracts - Add a half teaspoon of flavored extracts, like peppermint, to make flavored cream.
- Chocolate - Add a teaspoon of cocoa powder to make the whipped cream chocolatey.
You can make this easy whipped cream by hand in a mixing bowl and whisk, a handheld electric mixer, or an electric mixer with a whisk attachment. Making the whipped cream by hand is a bit of an arm workout and the electric mixer only takes a couple of minutes, but both methods work.
Refrigerate in an airtight container, good for 2 days. Do not freeze.
Be careful to not over mix or the cream will become lumpy. I remember the first couple of times I made whipped cream, the cream separated from over-mixing and I had to start over. We all start somewhere!
Did You Like This Recipe?
If you enjoyed Easy 2-Ingredient Whipped Cream, please rate and comment below! For similar recipes, check out:
- FIG TART WITH LEMON AND HONEY MASCARPONE
- MEYER LEMON OLIVE OIL CAKE
- WHITE PEACH & RAINIER CHERRY GALETTE
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
Place a glass or metal mixing bowl in the freezer for 10 minutes.
Place the sugar and heavy whipping cream in the bowl and whisk by hand or using an electric mixer until the cream forms stiff peaks.
Do not over mix or the cream will become lumpy.
Keywords: easy whipped cream, whipped cream, easy dessert, gluten free, sweets, sugar