Wondering what side dishes are best with salmon? Look no further! Below we list all of our favorite salmon side dishes, including flavor-packed vegetables, simple salads, and cozy potatoes.
We love salmon so much that we have it every week. Not only is it healthy and tasty, but it also goes well with tons of sides. We've rounded up 20 dishes that pair deliciously with salmon so you know exactly what to make for your next salmon dinner.
If you need a go-to salmon recipe, try our Miso Salmon or famous Furikake Salmon. Make it with the recommended sauce or use your own sauce and seasoning and follow the same cooking method in the recipe. For a different cut of salmon, try our succulent Broiled Salmon Collars (Sake Kama). The meat falls off the bone and has bites of wonderfully flavor-packed salmon.
1. Pan Fried Potatoes with Herbs
2. Furikake and Lemon Shishito Peppers
3. Miso Glazed Japanese Eggplant
4. Oven Roasted Butternut Squash
5. Roasted Asparagus with Parmesan
6. Elotes Style Corn with Furikake
7. Harvest Salad with Quinoa and Arugula
8. Maple Bacon Brussel Sprouts
9. Miso Mashed Potatoes
10. Sautéed Green Beans with Furikake
11. Creamy Parmesan Polenta
12. Corn and Zucchini Fritters
13. Sautéed Broccolini (Broccoletti)
14. Vegetable Wild Rice
15. Teriyaki Tofu and Eggplant
16. Sautéed Mushrooms with Garlic and White Wine
17. Japanese Cucumber Salad (Sunomono)
18. Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes
19. Kimchi Fried Rice
20. Maple Roasted Kabocha Squash (Japanese Pumpkin)
Tips for Salmon Side Dishes
- For warm sides, make ahead of time then store and reheat when you are ready to enjoy your salmon dish.
- For salad sides, make ahead of time and dress when you are ready to serve your salmon so the lettuce leaves don’t wilt or get soggy.
- If you make the sides the day of, start the sides before you start the salmon since salmon has a short cook time.
- Make sides that compliment the salmon recipe you are making. For instance, if you are make Miso Salmon, make Japanese sides like Miso Eggplant or Japanese Cucumber Salad.
Did You Like This Recipe?
Loved any of these side dishes for salmon? Please leave a 5-star rating in the recipe card below & if you REALLY liked it, leave a comment below. Thanks!
Pan Fried Potatoes with Herbs
- Toss potatoes - In a mixing bowl, toss the potatoes in 2 tablespoons of olive oil, salt, and pepper.1 lb potatoes, 3 tablespoon olive oil, 1 teaspoon kosher salt, 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Cook garlic - Heat a skillet on medium heat and add the remaining 1 tablespoons of olive oil. Once the olive oil heats, add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.3 tablespoon olive oil, 4 garlic cloves
- Pan-fry potatoes - Add the potatoes to the pan and cover the skillet with a lid. Cook the potatoes for about 12-15 minutes until tender on the inside, stirring halfway through.
- Make potatoes crispy - Remove the lid and turn the heat up to medium-high. Cook the potatoes for an additional 5 minutes, or until the potatoes become golden and crispy.
- Season potatoes and serve - Remove from heat and toss with herbs. Serve warm if eating as a side or at room temperature if serving as a salad topping.3 tablespoon parsley, 1 sprig thyme, 1 sprig rosemary