Brioche French Toast with Berries is a show-stopping fruit-filled dish that will add a pop of color to your Sunday brunch! The fluffy, buttery brioche, fresh berries, and sweet maple syrup make every bite heavenly. It's such a beautiful dish, no one will know it only took 20 minutes to make.
How to Prepare an Easy, Delicious Brunch at Home
Is there anything better than enjoying a homemade brunch on a carefree weekend morning? After a long week of work, I toss my workweek worries aside and prepare a simple homemade brunch. While I typically opt for something savory, like Shoyu Breakfast Fried Rice and Eggs or Jammy Soft-Boiled Eggs, sometimes I crave something sweet like Brioche French Toast with Berries.
What to Make for Brunch at Home
Since many of us are spending most of our time at home, you can recreate a restaurant brunch at your own dining table.
For a simple at-home brunch, make a shareable main brunch dish, such as this French toast. Then, add a bowl of fresh fruit to share, such as berries, orange slices, or seasonal fruit. For drinks, serve a French press of hot coffee, a pot of tea, or fresh-squeezed orange juice. You can even break out the champagne and make a refreshing mimosa.
How to Set the Brunch Table
Set the table with some cute placemats, linen napkins, and a vase of fresh flowers. Bring the serveware to the table to share and be sure to use a trivet. These simple, thoughtful additions add a personal touch to your brunch spread.
While I miss dining in restaurants on the weekends, I now look forward to our special brunches for two!
How to Make the Perfect Brioche French Toast
The perfect brioche French toast is made of a few components, including buttery brioche, fresh eggs, cinnamon, vanilla extract, and milk. These simple ingredients combine to make a sweet, savory eggy breakfast dish. Each bite tastes of fluffy eggy brioche, maple syrup, and sweet berries.
Equipment Needed to Make Brioche French Toast
To explore more kitchen items to make your kitchen complete, head to my shop: Kat’s Kitchen Essentials.
Tips to Make Fluffy French Toast
Brioche French Toast with Berries is an impressive looking dish that is very easy to make. To make the fluffiest brioche French toast, you will need to make a rich egg custard to dip the bread in. I recommend the following ingredients when making French toast:
- Milk - Use milk with high-fat content when making French toast. The higher the fat content, the richer the French toast.
- Pasture-Raised Eggs - Pasture-raised eggs are eggs laid by hens who have access to pastures outdoors. Since the hens get to eat the bugs and critters in the pastures, their eggs are full of flavor and vitamins. The yolk in the egg plays a key role in making rich French toast. My favorite pasture-raised eggs are by Vital Farms.
- Vegetable Oil - Instead of butter, opt for vegetable oil when cooking the French toast. Butter burns at 302°F, while vegetable oil has a higher smoke point.
The Best Bread to Use to Make French Toast
Brioche bread is the best bread to use for French toast. Brioche is a French bread made of butter, milk, and egg that has a tender crumb. It is delightfully buttery and rich. Bread like brioche and challah are fluffy and easily absorb the eggy cinnamon custard.
How to Store and Reheat French Toast
While French toast is best enjoyed fresh out of the pan, sometimes you have leftovers. Store those leftovers in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to one day. To reheat the leftovers, heat a tablespoon of vegetable oil in a non-stick pan and fry each side for a minute or two.
Did You Like This Recipe?
If you enjoyed this recipe, please rate and comment below! For more brioche and brunch recipes like Brioche French Toast with Berries, check out:
- BACON CHEDDAR BREAKFAST BISCUITS
- CHOCOLATE CHIP BRIOCHE BREAD PUDDING
- SHOYU BREAKFAST FRIED RICE AND EGGS
- 8 slices of brioche
- 5 eggs
- ½ cup whole milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp salt
- 4 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, quartered
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 4 tbsp powdered sugar
- Butter and maple syrup for serving
Preheat the oven to 150°F.
In a mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, vanilla extract, and cinnamon. Set aside.
In a 12" skillet, heat the oil on medium heat. Pour the egg mixture in a shallow dish or bowl, such as a pie dish. Dip each slice of bread in the mixture until well-coated then place in the skillet 2 at a time. Fry each side until golden brown.
After you fry each slice, add the French toast to a baking dish or baking sheet and place in the oven to keep warm. Once all of the slices are fried and added to the baking dish, dust the slices with powdered sugar and toss with fresh berries.
Serve immediately with butter and maple syrup.
Keywords: french toast, brioche french toast, berry french toast, easy french toast, easy brunch
- Cook to a minimum temperature of 165 °F (74 °C)
- Do not use the same utensils on cooked food, that previously touched raw meat
- Wash hands after touching raw meat
- Don't leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods
- Never leave cooking food unattended
- Use oils with high smoking point to avoid harmful compounds
- Always have good ventilation when using a gas stove