Brioche French Toast with Berries is a show-stopping fruit-filled dish that will add a pop of color to your Sunday brunch! The fluffy, buttery brioche, fresh berries, and sweet maple syrup make every bite heavenly. It's such a beautiful dish, no one will know it only took 20 minutes to make.
- How to Prepare an Easy, Delicious Brunch at Home
- What to Make for Brunch at Home
- Ingredients for the Perfect French Toast
- Why Brioche is the Best Bread for French Toast
- How to Make Brioche French Toast with Berries
- Equipment Needed to Make Brioche French Toast
- How to Set the Brunch Table
- How to Store and Reheat French Toast
- Top Tips to Make Fluffy French Toast
- Did You Like This Recipe?
- Brioche French Toast with Berries
How to Prepare an Easy, Delicious Brunch at Home
Is there anything better than enjoying a homemade brunch on a carefree weekend morning? After a long week of work, we toss our workweek worries aside and prepare a simple homemade brunch. While we typically opt for something savory, like Shoyu Breakfast Fried Rice and Eggs or Soft Boiled Jammy Eggs, sometimes we crave something sweet like classic Brioche French Toast.
What to Make for Brunch at Home
Since many of us are spending most of our time at home, you can recreate a restaurant brunch at your own dining table.
For a simple at-home brunch, make a shareable main brunch dish, such as this easy Brioche French Toast. Then, add a bowl of fresh fruit to share, such as berries, orange slices, or seasonal fruit. For drinks, serve a French press of hot coffee, a pot of tea, or fresh-squeezed orange juice. You can even break out the champagne and make a refreshing mimosa.
Ingredients for the Perfect French Toast
The perfect brioche French toast is made of a few components, including buttery brioche, fresh eggs, cinnamon, vanilla extract, and milk. These simple ingredients combine to make a sweet, savory eggy breakfast dish. Each bite tastes of fluffy eggy brioche, maple syrup, and sweet berries.
Why Brioche is the Best Bread for French Toast
Brioche is a French bread made of butter, milk, and egg that has a tender crumb. It is delightfully buttery and rich. Bread like brioche and challah are fluffy and easily absorb the eggy cinnamon custard.
How to Make Brioche French Toast with Berries
- Heat the oven - Preheat the oven to 150°F.
- Make the egg mixture - In a mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, vanilla extract, and cinnamon. Set aside.
- Dip brioche and fry - In a 12 inch skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Pour the egg mixture in a shallow dish or bowl, such as a pie dish. Dip each slice of bread in the mixture until well-coated then place in the skillet 2 at a time. Fry each side until golden brown.
- Keep the slices warm while you cook - After you fry each slice, add the French toast to a baking dish or baking sheet and place in the oven to keep warm.
- Dust the slices and add fruit - Once all of the slices are fried and added to the baking dish, dust the slices with powdered sugar and toss with fresh berries.
- Serve and enjoy - Serve immediately with butter and maple syrup.
- Whipped Cream - If you want to make this dish extra rich and indulgent, top the French toast with our Easy 2-Ingredient Whipped Cream.
- Stuffed French Toast - Stuff the French toast with cream cheese or Nutella. In order to stuff the French toast, take 2 slices of hot French toast, spread the filling of your choice on one slice and top with the other. When you serve it, slice in half on the diagonal to show the filling inside.
Equipment Needed to Make Brioche French Toast
To explore more kitchen items to make your kitchen complete, head to my shop: Kat’s Kitchen Essentials.
How to Set the Brunch Table
Set the table with some cute placemats, linen napkins, and a vase of fresh flowers. Bring the serveware to the table to share and be sure to use a trivet. These simple, thoughtful additions add a personal touch to your brunch spread.
How to Store and Reheat French Toast
While French toast is best enjoyed fresh out of the pan, sometimes you have leftovers. Store leftover French toast in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to one day. To reheat the leftovers, heat a tablespoon of vegetable oil in a non-stick pan and fry each side for a minute or two.
Top Tips to Make Fluffy French Toast
Brioche French Toast with Berries is an impressive looking dish that is very easy to make. To make the fluffiest brioche French toast, you will need to make a rich egg custard to dip the bread in. We recommend the following ingredients when making French toast:
- Milk - Use milk with high-fat content when making French toast. The higher the fat content, the richer the French toast.
- Pasture-Raised Eggs - Pasture-raised eggs are eggs laid by hens who have access to pastures outdoors. Since the hens get to eat the bugs and critters in the pastures, their eggs are full of flavor and vitamins. The yolk in the egg plays a key role in making rich French toast. My favorite pasture-raised eggs are by Vital Farms.
- Vegetable Oil - Instead of butter, opt for vegetable oil when cooking the French toast. Butter burns at 302°F, while vegetable oil has a higher smoke point.
Did You Like This Recipe?
If you enjoyed this recipe, please rate and comment below! For more brioche and brunch recipes like Brioche French Toast with Berries, check out:
- Homemade Biscuits with Cheddar and Bacon
- Chocolate Chip Brioche Bread Pudding
- Breakfast Fried Rice with Spam, Bacon, and Eggs
- Sourdough French Toast
Brioche French Toast with Berries
- 8 slices of brioche
- 5 eggs
- ½ cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup fresh strawberries quartered
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 4 tablespoon powdered sugar
- Butter and maple syrup for serving
- Heat the oven - Preheat the oven to 150°F.
- Make egg mixture - In a mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and salt. Set aside.5 eggs, ½ cup whole milk, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, 4 tablespoon vegetable oil, ½ teaspoon salt
- Dip and fry bread - In a 12 inch skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Pour the egg mixture in a shallow dish or bowl, such as a pie dish. Dip each slice of bread in the mixture until well-coated then place in the skillet 2 at a time. Fry each side until golden brown.8 slices of brioche
- Place in oven to keep warm - After you fry each slice, add the French toast to a baking dish or baking sheet and place in the oven to keep warm.
- Serve - Once all of the slices are fried and added to the baking dish, dust the slices with powdered sugar and toss with fresh berries. Serve immediately with butter and maple syrup.1 cup fresh strawberries, 1 cup fresh blueberries, 4 tablespoon powdered sugar, Butter and maple syrup for serving